The RMCC Kurling for Kids Campaign 2018
This year's event will be held Saturday, April 7st, 2018.
Together with all the other curling clubs in the Montreal area, RMCC will participate this year in the Kurling for Kids campaign. This year's goal is $400,000 - which will be split 50-50 between The Montreal Children's Hospital and l'HôpitalSte-Justine. Last year, Greater Montreal curlers raised over $360,000 for the purchase of new equipment to treat our sick kids. And of that total, RMCC generated a record $22,000 - we hope to do even better this year!
How can you get involved? Member participation is what makes this work and there are many ways you can help to make the RMCC campaign a success:
- Create or join a team. Our 12 teams are the bedrock of our fundraising efforts. Teams are mostly RMCC members, but friends and family are welcome to play too! Each team raises as much money as possible and then on the big day April 7, we all get together to tally up the results, play two 6-end games, award prizes and generally have a blast. It's a fun-filled sociable day of curling with lots of activities including lunch and a tasty dinner. Good time guaranteed! ... and this year there are fabulous incentive rewards for your fundraising efforts.
- Please contact Addie Petronko to confirm your team
- Then register your team online here: www.kurlingforkids.org registration
- Sell raffle tickets This year there are 20 amazing prizes to celebrate K4K’s 20th anniversary - trips for two with Westjet or Air France, gaz barbeques, spa visits, season tickets & more! (check out the K4K website for prize details). Everyone in the club is eligible to sell tickets and they are available now:
- Sebastien (the bar)
- Jenny (office)
- Jim Mathewson (call or email)
- Encourage online contributions. Ask family, friends, colleagues and acquaintances to sponsor you (and your team) with an online contribution - for which they will receive an instant tax receipt. This is especially effective for raising money from people who live outside the local area. If your long distance contacts would prefer raffle tickets, these can be purchased online (no tax recept). Please contact Tracy Johnstone for assistance.
- Raise money with your League or Social Event. There are fun activities that can run during league games or parties to raise some money for the cause. Every little bit helps. Contact Tracy Johnstone for ideas
- Become a volunteer. If you would like to participate in any way or just have a question, please contact one of the organizing team members listed below and we'll be glad to help.
Notices about K4K will be updated regularly and will be posted in the Trophy Room and on this website.
Please visit the website kurlingforkids.org to learn more about the great work the campaign has done over the last 20 years.